ANU staff and students can now download a copy of Microsoft Office 2013 or 2010 for free, for use on personal devices by visiting the Microsoft Office 365 Online Portal. This version of Microsoft Office will only be accessible for current ANU staff and students, and will deactivate upon leaving the University. Instructions for how to download and install Microsoft Office 365via the Online Portal are available.
The Microsoft Office suite includes:
- PC-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Lync, and InfoPath.
- Mac-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Lync.
Microsoft Office 365 Online Portal
- Open an internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc)
- In the address bar type in https://portal.microsoftonline.com
- You will be ask to enter your login information
- You will be logged in to outlook webmail
- Click the Gear icon besides your name at the upper right hand corner
- Click on Office 365 Settings
- At the left pane click on Software
- Select “Install”
- Follow the prompts to download and install
- When prompted for an activation code, select “Log in as as existing subscriber”
- Enter your ANU Email address: Uni-ID@anu.edu.au (e.g. email@example.com)
- Your login details for this step will be as above
Install the latest version of Office
- On the left-hand menu, click Office
- Choose the Language
- Click install